This blog will tell you that that I am so bad with this to-do-list things. I made a list of things I want to do for 2021 and today I am sharing my result. This is ultra boring, but the whole point was to do something, it was supposed to work like a reminder to me that there more to life other than work and hustling.
1. Sleeping under the stars. – LOL No I even forgot this was in my list. 😀
2. Watch sunset(with mindfullness) Done
3. Watch sunrise (with mindfulness) Done
4. Try a new dish- Tried Saag 😐 Very Desi Indian Dish, I didn’t like it.
5. Try a new drink. Tried a Mocktail with a friend, forgot the name
6. Go on a blind date- Umm, well I went on a normal date, I think it’s a achievement for me.
7. Writing and sending hand written letter to someone. Done
8. Going out alone for a movie date, all by yourself and enjoy your own company. – Didn’t go to watch movie, but went to a cafe alone 🙂
9. Get a different haircut or maybe try coloring your hair.- Did my own haircut, didn’t add that much difference, it looked same
10. Relax in a spa bath. Didn’t do it 😦
11. Invite your friends/family for dinner and cook it by yourself. All my friends are far away, this was impossible to do
12. Organising surprise dinner for someone- Sent surprise dinner to few of my friends during second wave and on my birthday.
13. Paint a picture/drawing for yourself and keep it. Yes I made a painting of a candy, just liked it 🙂
14. Sing your heart out at karaoke. I did this at Clubhouse not at Karaoke. It was fun
15. Do any volunteer work for the day. I volunteered for Sexual Assualt Awareness Programmes
16. Developing any one good habit(like this year I started working out, anything simple and good): I started responding and not reacting. I mean every time it’s not practical to do this but most of the time I try to respond. This is helpful for my peace of mind.
17. Make a gratitude jar. Take a jar and write things you’re grateful for in chits. Open it from time to time and read it. – Yes, I made it.
18. Try Yoga- Tried twice and Oh god I badly failed to do this regularly
19. Save money for travel. Saved a little(very less I must add)
20. Solo trip- Umm Did it in my dreams
21. Visit a new beach and wear bikini. LOL, this is just another dream.
22. Learn some new words in a different language. – Learned few french words.
23. Get a massage- Failed to do it
24. Make a list of tv-series/movies and watch it- Done
25. Have a sunset mocktail- Done
26. Learn a dance style- Haha, learned to twirk little bit… Tortured my shy ass 😀
27. Buy a houseplant and take care of it. Done
28. Make something for the house. Anthing for your home decor. Can I mention my gratitude jar here 😀 That adds something to my table.
29. Give food to someone in need- Done
30. Try to meditate for one hour- Couldn’t do it, stopped after 40-45mins.
31. Do an online course- Did many
32. Host or attend costume party- Lol, why I added this. I knew it this won’t happen.
33. Make someone a birthday or celebration cake- Didn’t do it. But I sent cake, can I add that here?
34. Spend one entire day without using any social media- Spend many days
35. Spend one entire day without using your phone. 😰😰😰 Did it, in the year start it was whole next level experience.
36. Forgive someone who has hurt you and let them know.- I didn’t tell the person, I was not ready for the discussion and relive the trauma.
37. Compliment a stranger, it will possibly make their day. -Did so many times 🙂
38. Play a board game with friends or family like ludo, chess or carrom.- Played with my mother and siblings
39. Take your camera with you for a whole day and capture everything and anything that takes your interest. Didn’t do it, I should have but I didn’t.
40. Hold a mini movie festival at home. Invite your best friends, ask a movie they love and spend a whole afternoon and evening together curled up chatting, eating and drinking and sharing old favourites.. Kind of this happened in Pune, just my friend invited me and it was not a mini movie festival 😀
41. Try a completely new look, new different outfit you never tried. – I tried this.
42. Find a spot with a good view and settle down with a friend or loved one or even alone and enjoy. Found a corner at my balcony. I sit here and enjoy my own company.
43. Write down your life plan. It doesn’t have to be specific, or even achievable. Just a guide for all the things you would like to do and then you can tick and cross off the ones that you want to work towards.- I did this.
44. Write things you love about yourself, write an essay and keep it with you forever. I did this too.
45. Have a major clear out. De-clutter, if it’s not pretty, useful or it hasn’t been used in the last 6 months, be ruthless, let it go. -Did this during Diwali.
46. Spend a whole day in bed watching movies, reading books, writing or just cuddle with your pillow.- Did this for whole week, I was sick.
47. Read a good book and write down quotes, or whatever you learned from the book. Done
48. Write a story, poem or article; for yourself or submit it to a website or newspaper magazine or just post it on your blog/social media. Did it for a Famous Website WeTheYoung Page. They reached out to me, it was a good opportunity for me ♥️
49. Meet new people or make new friend . I made many , Arpita is a new good friend.
50. Gift yourself something nice and meaningful. – Gifted myself a mindfulness coloring book. It helped me in fighting my anxiety.
Adding few pictures here.
So this was it, if you read everything and sticked to the last. Thank you, hugs! Also wish you a very happy new year! 🙂